The 2019 Cowboy State Games Giant Slalom Skiing and Snowboarding championships will be held atop Casper Mountain at the Hogadon Basin Ski Area on January 26. The 2019 Giant Slalom Championship will be held on Hogadon’s Boomerang run.
- Date: January 26, 2019
- Location: Hogadon Basin Ski Area, Casper Mountain, Casper, Wyoming
- Entry Fee: $30
- Accommodations: participants are encouraged to stay at one of the Cowboy State Games partner hotels below. These properties have agreed to special Cowboy State Games rates for the weekend of the Giant Slalom Championships.
- Hampton Inn: $89 per night. Call 307-235-6668 to book and ask for Cowboy State Games rate.
- Holiday Inn Casper East: $99-$105 per night. Call 307-577-5000 to book and ask for Cowboy State Games rate. (Rate includes breakfast in full-service restaurant for up to four people per room.)
- Ramkota Hotel and Conference Center: $85 per night. Click here or call 307-266-6000 to book.
Ramada Plaza Riverside: Room rate of $65 per night, for a double or single occupancy room that includes a complimentary breakfast buffet. Call 307-235-2531 to book.
The 2019 Giant Slalom Championship will include men’s and women’s ski and snowboard races with age divisions ranging from 5 and under to 70 and over. Medals will be awarded for the top three finishers in each category.
Day of Event Schedule
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – onsite registration
10:30 a.m. – event start for run 1
11:30 a.m. – event start for run 2
Awards: 60-minutes following end of run 2
Ski and snowboard events will run simultaneously. Awards will be based on combined time for the two runs.
Anyone who does not hold a Hogadon season pass or partner pass will be required to buy a lift ticket.
Note: Credit cards are accepted for online registrations only. Cowboy State Games will accept cash or checks ONLY for onsite registration. On-Site registration is $40 per athlete. Checks must be made out to Casper Sports Alliance